YELLOW STREAM: Intensive Specialized Certificate Programs
The Yellow Stream offers a range of specialized one, two and three day certificate programs. Each intensive certificate program provides training hours toward Certification/Registration as a Play Therapist. The Three-Day Certificate Programs offer specialized experiential training, leading to a stand-alone certificate. All programs are accredited and count toward education/training hours required to become a Certified/Registered Play Therapist.
INTRODUCTION TO PLAY THERAPY: On-Line Program
This on-line program provides 7 non-contact hours of continuing education. It is part of the Green Stream Foundations Play Therapy Program but may be taken as a stand-alone program. The on-line component lasts approximately 2.25 hours. There is also a Mastery Quiz based on the on-line component, as well as the two primary/assigned textbooks for the Green Stream Program (The Play Therapy Dimensions Model 2nd edition – Yasenik & Gardner, 2014; Play Therapy: The Art of the Relationship- 2nd or 3rd edition- Gary Landreth). Participants must purchase these books separately. To receive the full 7 non-contact credit hours, participants must obtain a mark of 80% on the Mastery Test (a 40-item, true-false questionnaire).
This program will appeal to those interested in learning about the wide-ranging applications of therapeutic play skills and play therapy, and who are examining career pathways and choices. This on-line program introduces participants to the history of play therapy and the therapeutic play continuum, which differentiates basic play activities from therapeutic play and play therapy. Non-directive and directive play techniques used in play therapy are discussed and participants will examine a variety of play mediums: sandplay, puppet play; dramatic/symbolic play, and art work.
Entrance Requirements: Attending or completed post-secondary education.
Award: Certificate of Attendance (7 non-contact continuing education hours)
Cost of programs listed below – for full details please refer to the application form.
YELLOW STREAM: INTENSIVE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
Specialized Topics in Play Therapy: One, Two and Three – Day Certificate Programs
RMPTI offers a number of specialized one, two and three day programs. Each program provides training hours toward Certification/Registration as a Play Therapist.
Please check the training calendar for upcoming dates.
Please click on the title for more information.
Three-Day Certificate Programs* – $1170.00 (plus GST):
The Three-Day Certificate Programs offer specialized experiential training, leading to a stand-alone certificate. Practitioners may apply any of these training days toward the training requirements for full Certification/Registration as a Play Therapist.
- Certificate in Sandplay with Special Populations (NOTE: It is recommended that participants take this component, along with the Green and Red Stream Programs, to fulfill the 180-hour requirement for CACPT)
- Certificate in Comprehensive Play-Based Assessments
- Certificate in Attachment-Based Play Therapy
- Certificate in Portable Play-based School Counseling
- Certificate in Play-based Treatment of Trauma
Two Day Programs – $470.00 (plus GST):
- Play Therapy with Dissociative Children and Adolescents
- Merging spheres: Techniques for involving children in brief family work.
- How to Use the Play Therapy Dimensions Model in Your Practice
- Facilitative Play Techniques
One Day Programs – $245.00 (plus GST):
- Expert Witness Testimony For Play Therapists
- Working with Metaphors and Storytelling
- Play Therapy with Children of Divorce
- Play Therapy for Bullies and Victims
- Brief Play Techniques to Resolve Issues Related to Children’s Adjustment