YELLOW STREAM: Intensive Specialized Certificate Programs
The Yellow Stream offers a range of specialized one, two and three day certificate programs. Each intensive certificate program provides training hours toward Certification/Registration as a Play Therapist. The Three-Day Certificate Programs offer specialized experiential training, leading to a stand-alone certificate.
INTRODUCTION TO PLAY THERAPY: On-Line Program
This on-line program provides 7 non-contact hours of continuing education. It is part of the Green Stream Foundations Play Therapy Program but may be taken as a stand-alone program. The on-line component lasts approximately 2.25 hours. There is also a Mastery Quiz based on the on-line component, as well as the two primary/assigned textbooks for the Green Stream Program (The Play Therapy Dimensions Model 2nd edition – Yasenik & Gardner, 2014; Play Therapy: The Art of the Relationship- 2nd or 3rd edition- Gary Landreth). Participants must purchase these books separately. To receive the full 7 non-contact credit hours, participants must obtain a mark of 80% on the Mastery Test (a 40-item, true-false questionnaire).
This program will appeal to those interested in learning about the wide-ranging applications of therapeutic play skills and play therapy, and who are examining career pathways and choices. This on-line program introduces participants to the history of play therapy and the therapeutic play continuum, which differentiates basic play activities from therapeutic play and play therapy. Non-directive and directive play techniques used in play therapy are discussed and participants will examine a variety of play mediums: sandplay, puppet play; dramatic/symbolic play, and art work.
Entrance Requirements: Attending or completed post-secondary education.
Award: Certificate of Attendance (7 non-contact continuing education hours)
Cost of programs listed below – for full details please refer to the application form.
YELLOW STREAM: INTENSIVE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
Specialized Topics in Play Therapy: One, Two and Three – Day Certificate Programs
RMPTI offers a number of specialized one, two and three day programs. Each program provides training hours toward Certification/Registration as a Play Therapist.
Please check the training calendar for upcoming dates.
Please click on the title for more information.
Three-Day Certificate Programs* – $1260.00 (plus GST):
The Three-Day Certificate Programs offer specialized experiential training, leading to a stand-alone certificate. Practitioners may apply training hours toward the play training hour requirements for Certification/Registration as a Play Therapist.
Canadian participants, seeking certification, should select the Certificate in Sandplay with Special Populations, along with the Green and Red Stream Programs.
APT and CAPT alone hold the right to accept or deny any continuing education training at their discretion.
- Certificate in Sandplay with Special Populations using Play Therapy Skills and Techniques (NOTE: It is recommended that participants take this component, along with the Green and Red Stream Programs, to fulfill the 180-hour requirement for CAPT)
- Certificate in Comprehensive Play-Based Assessments
- Certificate in Attachment-Based Play Therapy
- Certificate in Portable Play Therapy for School and Outreach Counselors
- Certificate in Treatment of Trauma using Play Therapy Skills and Techniques
Two Day Programs – $470.00 (plus GST):
- Play Therapy with Dissociative Children and Adolescents
- Merging spheres: Techniques for involving children in brief family work.
- How to Use the Play Therapy Dimensions Model in Your Practice
- Facilitative Play Techniques
One Day Programs – $245.00 (plus GST):
- Expert Witness Testimony For Play Therapists
- Working with Metaphors and Storytelling
- Play Therapy with Children of Divorce
- Play Therapy for Bullies and Victims
- Brief Play Techniques to Resolve Issues Related to Children’s Adjustment